Friday, October 15, 2010
Hello all, here's the most recent environment work I've been spending much of my time on. I'm really liking how this turned out, I learned a lot in regards to making trees and branches in 3D and found it to be very fun to do. I'll definitly be working on more trees in the near future for fun. I think my biggest fault in this pic though is the sky, I probably will go back in and make that more believable at some point. I'm also not entirely content with the rocks, especially with the one in the midground that has a strange shadow casting on it. Regardless, I am proud of how this has turned out up to this point, it was a great learning experience.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Here is a Run cycle I just finished that I am extremely proud of. I'm actually taking a class over at FuturePoly which is a studio ran by employee's of ArenaNet who are amazing at art stuffs. It was a great idea for me to go there and take an animation class so that I could get a different point of view and insight on animations than I usually do from my digipen teachers. This FuturePoly animation teacher is super awesome, I wish I could have more classes with him but I will have to deal.
Here's the latest painting I've been working on, I enjoy how it's turning out so far. I feel like there is only a little bit of work left mainly on the dudes face here. Anyways, this was based on a story called "Axolotl Eyes". In my interpretation I imagined the Axolotl was swapping peoples souls. So in this picture the axolotl is actually the man and the man is the axolotl. Thus the Axolotl is sad because he will be trapped in this form for a very long time, possibly till death. While the demonic Axolotl can live life freely in his new body.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Here is the second semester project I did my junior year at Digipen. I'm not as proud of this one since the animation didn't turn out very well and that's what I'm aiming towards now days. However, this project was also a big experiment on creating environments and it somewhat turned out alright. I tested out various ways of dealing with creating foilage in 3D. Found out what methods worked pretty well and what didn't, also I managed to get some good practice in with working with alpha maps when texturing. Which turned out to actually be very entertaining, I found trying to think of modeling objects such as plants with parts of the polygons being missing due to alpha maps made me think drastically differently about the objects themselves. All in all it was a fun experimental project, however in the end, I don't think it turned out very well in terms of a finished product.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Here is the lastest animation I've worked on at DigiPen. The entire thing was planned and created within the first semester of my Junior year. On this project I focused mainly on creating my own rig that would be capable of controlling a hanging jacket like his does, as well as focusing on his animation.