Friday, September 17, 2010

second semester junior project animation



Here is the second semester project I did my junior year at Digipen. I'm not as proud of this one since the animation didn't turn out very well and that's what I'm aiming towards now days. However, this project was also a big experiment on creating environments and it somewhat turned out alright. I tested out various ways of dealing with creating foilage in 3D. Found out what methods worked pretty well and what didn't, also I managed to get some good practice in with working with alpha maps when texturing. Which turned out to actually be very entertaining, I found trying to think of modeling objects such as plants with parts of the polygons being missing due to alpha maps made me think drastically differently about the objects themselves. All in all it was a fun experimental project, however in the end, I don't think it turned out very well in terms of a finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment